Skip to main content

Care must be taken when administering vaccines to prevent accidental self injection. Some vaccines contain irritant substances which can cause swelling at the site of injection. This is of particular concern if the injection is given into confined spaces, such as near joints.

Most accidental self injection incidents involve the needle penetrating the flesh without much actual vaccine being injected. These injuries usually heal after a few days of mild discomfort. However all incidents must be taken seriously.

If accidental self-injection happens, you must:

  1. Flush the injection site with copious amount of clean water.
  2. Seek medical advice immediately. Take the vaccine pack with you or a photograph of the label.
  3. Request an SDS which provides more information on the Safety aspects of each product.


CONTACT US For More Information

We are available to assist you in controlling problems in Animal Health and related areas. Please contact us for a confidential discussion as to how our innovative customised biotechnology and life science products and services might be useful in your circumstances.